Ruben Loftus-Cheek to stay at Chelsea as there is ‘no reason for me to leave’

Ruben Loftus-Cheek to stay at Chelsea as there is ‘no reason for me to leave’
Ruben Loftus-Cheek has revealed he has no plans to leave Chelsea.The 23-year-old has nine goals for the Blues this season but has been mostly utilised from the bench.Many Chelsea fans have called for the England midfielder to be given more minutes on the pitch and there were some fears he could leave in search of regular first-team football.Ruben Loftus-Cheek is going nowhereGetty3
Ruben Loftus-Cheek is going nowhere
Loftus-Cheek has two years left to run on his Blues deal and they are keen to tie him down to a longer-term deal.The news he wants to stay will be a boost as they saw their appeal against their two transfer window ban rejected.When asked if he is already in talks over a new deal, Loftus-Cheek grinned and said: “I’m not sure, I let my agent deal with it. I’m not thinking about that right now.“It’s important for me to focus on the here and now, and I’m playing right now.“It’s looking good so there’s no reason why I should think about leaving Chelsea.”Loftus-Cheek spoke to the press ahead of their Europa League semi-final3
Loftus-Cheek spoke to the press ahead of their Europa League semi-final
And when told he deserves a pay rise, Loftus-Cheek laughed and added: “There’s no reason for me to leave. If I get a pay rise, that’ll be great.”Loftus-Cheek will take a pivotal role in Chelsea’s Europa League semi-final second leg against Eintracht Frankfurt at Stamford Bridge on Thursday.N’Golo Kante will miss out due to a hamstring issue that leaves the France World Cup-winner in a race against time to be fit for the Europa League final should Chelsea reach the May 29 showpiece.

LIVE ON talkSPORT

talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here's what's coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2...
  • Ajax vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
  • Valencia vs Arsenal (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
  • Newport vs Mansfield (Thursday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Tranmere vs Forest Green Rovers (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Aston Villa vs West Brom (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Derby vs Leeds United (Saturday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Sunderland vs Portsmouth (Saturday, 7:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Doncaster vs Charlton (Sunday, 12:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Mansfield vs Newport (Sunday, 6pm) –talkSPORT 2
Loftus-Cheek has battled injury problems of his own and Blues manager Maurizio Sarri has previously admitted fearing the midfielder could battle niggling back problems for the rest of his career.But the England international is confident he can overcome his long-term back spasms.“I’ve had back injuries, lower back spasms, since I was 16 or 17 up to now,” said Loftus-Cheek.“It’s something I’ve had in the latter part of my career, and it’s something I’ve had to deal with and manage with the physios. It’s hindered me a lot.Loftus-Cheek has scored nine goals this seasonGetty3
Loftus-Cheek has scored nine goals this season
“But over the years learning about my body with the physios, we’ve come up with a routine to keep it at bay. We’re working a lot.“I don’t think it’s something I’ll have to suffer for the rest of my career. I’m feeling really good now, the best I’ve felt. I’ve not had a twinge in my back for weeks now. It’s looking really good.“Playing the most games I’ve played this season, playing every three days, it’s something I’ve never done before.“It’s important I get the right rest so my back’s OK. So I might not do a whole training session two days after a game. I might just do half of it. I taper it that way. “It’s a good feeling to be seen as an important player for the team, to help the team win games. I think it’s something I’ve never felt in my career.“I’ve always been on the bench. At Palace, I felt like an important player, that I could help the team win games and be one of the main men in the team.“Hopefully with more games and experience, I can be that player for Chelsea, too.”


"It's important for me to focus on the here and now, and I'm playing right now. It's looking good so there's no reason why I should think about leaving Chelsea." While Loftus-Cheek looks set to stay at Chelsea beyond the summer, The Daily Mail claims that Callum Hudson-Odoi's future remains unclear in west London.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek gives condition for Chelsea stay


The West London outfit Chelsea star midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek has hinted that he could leave the Stamford Bridge at the end of the season if he is not convinced of regular playing time in the coming season. Ruben Loftus-Cheek played an important part in the Maurizio Sarri led team but he seems not to be […]


Ruben Loftus-Cheek believes there is "no reason" for him to leave Chelsea and has hinted he could extend his contract at Stamford Bridge. The 23-year-old has scored nine goals this term and is confident he can put a long-term back problem behind him to reach his full potential.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek Claims He Has 'No Reason' to Leave as


Ruben Loftus-Cheek to stay at Chelsea as there is 'no reason for me to leave' Susan D Benoit May 9, 2019 No Comments The 23-year-old has nine goals for the Blues this season but has been mostly utilised from the bench.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek Claims He Has 'No Reason' to Leave as


Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek has said he has "no reason" to think about leaving Stamford Bridge in the summer transfer window. The 23-year-old discussed his future at a pre-match press
'No reason for me to leave Chelsea' - Chelsea - 08 May 2019


Ruben Loftus-Cheek believes there is "no reason" for him to leave Chelsea but admits he will leave contract-extension talks to his agent. The 23-year-old has scored nine goals this term and is
Ruben Loftus-Cheek to stay at Chelsea as there is 'no reason
fussboll.com/2019/05/08/ruben-loftus-cheek-to-stay-at-chelsea-as-there-is-no-reason-for-me-to-leave/
And when told he deserves a pay rise, Loftus-Cheek laughed and added: "There's no reason for me to leave. If I get a pay rise, that'll be great." Loftus-Cheek will take a pivotal role in Chelsea's Europa League semi-final second leg against Eintracht Frankfurt at Stamford Bridge on Thursday.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek to stay at Chelsea as there is 'no reason


Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek insists that he has "no reason" to force a move away from the club this summer but claims that he's put his agent in charge of contract talks at Stamford Bridge.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek to stay at Chelsea as there is 'no reason


Ruben Loftus-Cheek has revealed he has no plans to leave Chelsea. The 23-year-old has nine goals for the Blues this season but has been mostly utilised from the bench. Many Chelsea fans have called for the England midfielder to be given more minutes on the pitch and there were some fears he could leave in search of regular first-team football.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek Says He Has 'No Reason' to Think About

Ruben Loftus-Cheek to stay at Chelsea as there is 'no reason


Ruben Loftus-Cheek to stay at Chelsea as there is 'no reason for me to leave' The England international has two years left on his deal with the club but did not confirm if contract talks were
Ruben Loftus-Cheek says he has 'no reason' to leave Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment