Alvaro Morata opens up on Chelsea nightmare and begs Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently

Alvaro Morata opens up on Chelsea nightmare and begs Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently
Alvaro Morata has lifted the lid on his Chelsea hell and pleaded with Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently so he never has to return.The Spanish striker is currently on an 18-month loan with Atletico from Stamford Bridge – but his Blues career is surely over in light of these recent comments.Morata has returned to form since joining Atletico on loangetty2
Morata has returned to form since joining Atletico on loan
Morata, who struggled for form in west London after arriving for a then-club-record 60million, claims he was not appreciated by the Stamford Bridge faithful, which left him feeling isolated.“I had lost confidence in myself previously. I was very upset by the opinion of the people in England. I think they caught me in the middle of everything,” he told Goal.“I didn’t quite feel loved or appreciated by the club or the fans. I started very well at Chelsea, but an injury in the end leaves you a bit stuck.“As bad as it was, I still scored 15 goals and won the FA Cup… but I was out of the World Cup, and for me that was the hardest thing that could happen to me in my life.“Ive dreamed of being able to play in a World Cup since I was 10 years old, and I chose Chelsea because I thought it would be the best club to later be able to play in the World Cup.“Now, signing for Atletico has been the best thing that could happen to me in my life. “I had a very bad time in London. In the end I was training alone. I talked to Maurizio Sarri and he told me some things that I knew were not going to be as he had said. I was very nervous. My wife was in shock with me.“I already knew that I could sign for Atletico if everything went well, and they had four games previously [before Morata officially signed for them on January 29]. I saw them all at home with my wife and she was amazed! She does not like football very much, and she did not understand how I could get like this, so crazy, watching Atletico games, screeching at home, nervous, when I was not an Atletico player yet.“It’s a story I’d like to tell very slowly in the future. I went from being tied on the same amount of goals as [Mohamed] Salah and [Harry] Kane at the start of the first year, and people made a song about me, I could not even go out in London! And one day I get up with a shooting pain in my back, my level goes down, and they start telling me everything [referring to criticism about him] in England. You are supposed to be respected by fans, but you know…”Alvaro Morata never performed like a 60million player at Chelseagetty2
Alvaro Morata never performed like a 60million player at Chelsea
Things have improved dramatically for Morata since his return to Spain.After struggling for goals under Maurizio Sarri, he bagged six in the second half of the La Liga season for Atletico.His loan spell expires at the end of next season, but the 26-year-old is desperate to spend the rest of his career in Madrid.He added: “I think in the end it was destiny [moving back to Atletico]. I left Atletico, and every so often I had the opportunity to return, although not so often when I was younger. When you have a bad time in a place, you don’t have that chance often [to return].“It motivated me a lot that Simeone called me, no matter the club I was at, and told me that I could be important in Atletico. The people have welcomed me warmly here, even in the difficult situation that it was. The squad and the club staff have changed my life.

LIVE ON talkSPORT

talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here's what's coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2...
  • Portugal vs Switzerland (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
  • Netherlands vs England (Thursday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
  • France vs South Korea (Friday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
  • Denmark vs Republic of Ireland (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Croatia vs Wales (Saturday, 2pm) – talkSPORT
  • England vs Scotland (Sunday, 5pm) – talkSPORT
“As I arrive at the training centre, you can see in people’s faces when they trust you. When you are in the dressing room ahead a game, you see how your team-mates look at you.“At Chelsea there came a time when my team-mates, except for the Spaniards, well… you know, it is not the same when you play and you know that you give a pass to someone who is not going to do as well. You do not give the pass in the same way. Everyone who has played football once will understand that.“And in the end, it is a situation that you cannot control: it is neither about being positive or negative, or about trying to have fun or being worried. It’s the confidence that others have in you: your team-mates, the club… And I found it here at Atletico.“I have said it many times: there is a moment in which there are things that surpass fame, money and everything. Thank God, at Atletico I’ve been able to have a bit of all of this, but I would love to be here every year that I’m able to play at the highest level.“I want to stay at Atletico but, contractually, Chelsea can call me back. We will see what happens in the negotiations between them, but the two clubs already know what I want. I only ask, please, as I said to Atletico, do everything possible to do it as soon as possible. Because I just want to be here.”

Renee Hector (L) made the allegations on Twitter

Apr 10, 2019 · The Europa League quarterfinals begin Thursday, with Arsenal home to Napoli in the most tantalizing of the match-ups. Europa League Preview: Chelsea, Arsenal take next steps - ProSoccerTalk
Champions League: Arsenal exits in disgrace; Ramos - SI.com

Neville spoke about his experience with Sterling on Monday Night Football

Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has admitted his future with the Blues looks "bleaker" following Gonzalo Higuain's arrival at the club. The Argentine has signed on loan with the option for Chelsea to buy him in the summer for £31million.
Giroud: Higuain arrival at Chelsea makes my future bleaker

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard

According to a report by Milan News, West Ham are understood to be interested in signing Juan Sebastian Sforza in the summer and are believed to have already made contact with Newell's Old Boys
~ Why 'Police' Mungiki KILLED ex UoN Student Leader OCS

Average squad age – 26 years, 6 months
Manchester City ask fans about a potential safe-standing

Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino have been lauded for their work in England

'Celtic RESERVES are bigger than Leicester' - Chris Sutton launches scathing attack on former Hoops boss Brendan Rodgers The former Hoops striker's comments were branded 'childish' by Joleon Lescott - who joined him as a pundit on BT Sport's 'Saturday Sav'.
Tech & Science: T. rex was actually bigger than we thought

Mauricio Pochettino and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer embrace at Wembley

Sol Campbell: FA investigating alleged homophobic abuse of Macclesfield boss. Several Cheltenham fans took to social media to speak out against the "disgusting" and "horrendous" alleged incidents.
FA investigating allegations of homophobic chanting by

Chelsea assistant Gianfranco Zola is baffled as Willy Caballero returns to his seat

Roy Hodgson 'accidentally sold the wrong Liverpool player' in swap deal with Fulham Academy player Alexander Kacaniklic claims another 'Alex' was meant to go to Craven Cottage By Sam Morgan
Roy Hodgson 'accidentally sold the wrong Liverpool player' in

4) Al Ahly v Zamalek: Famous for Violence on and off pitch

Torreira has also been likened to Arsenal great Patrick Vieira. However, it could have all been very different for the former Sampdoria star. Torreira revealed how he nearly joined some other club until the call from Emery convinced him to come to London.
Lucas Torreira | In my own words | Feature | News | Arsenal.com

Lacazette’s low strike secured a 1-0 win over Qarabag on matchday six

Scotland manager Alex McLeish admits he is in constant dialogue with Angus Gunn's father over the Southampton goalkeeper's international allegiance. But McLeish will focus on the goalkeepers available to him as he ponders his new number one following Allan McGregor's sudden international retirement.
Alex McLeish keeping tabs on Angus Gunn over possible
brandsauthority.com/alex-mcleish-keeping-tabs-on-angus-gunn-over-possible-scotland-role-football-news/
Scotland manager Alex McLeish admits he remains in touch with Angus Gunn's father over the Southampton goalkeeper's international allegiance. McLeish played with Bryan Gunn during their time at Aberdeen in the 1980s, and both were part of the squad for the 1983 European Cup Winners' Cup final win over Real Madrid in Gothenburg.
Alex McLeish keeping tabs on Angus Gunn | ClubCall.com

Newcastle ace Miguel Almiron will miss the rest of the season
Newcastle United news: Rafael Benitez's side have exactly the

Cancelo in action against Porto B

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino says he is motivated to stay and finish unfinished business with the club. but that doesn't mean he doesn't want out. After 18 months without a new
Mauricio Pochettino to involve full Tottenham squad in pre

Georginio Wijnaldum and Virgil van Dijk pose with the Champions League trophy

goals galore Premier League results: Arsenal beat Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool win, Southampton dent Tottenham's top four hopes
The New Invincibles? Manchester City Storms Toward Title, and

Paul Devlin went head-to-head with Sheffield United team-mate Marcus Bent

Fantasy Premier League tips: Transfer advice for Gameweek 29, including Chelsea and Manchester United stars, plus some bargains season and has just Arsenal and
Fantasy Premier League tips: Transfer advice, including
gistjunction.com/2019/02/01/fantasy-premier-league-tips-transfer-advice-including-chelsea-manchester-city-and-everton-stars/
Fantasy Premier League tips: Transfer advice, including Chelsea, Manchester City and Everton stars to your Fantasy Premier League team ahead of gameweek
Fantasy Premier League tips: Transfers you should make in

No comments:

Post a Comment